Current Vacancies for August 2019:
Experience and expectations:
– Experience in or ability to meet American Common Core State Standards grade 6 – 8, Cambridge based
programme for grade 9 – 10, and IB HL / SL Mathematics / Maths Studies
– Certified / accredited Mathematics Teacher
– Experience and willingness to work in a collaborative environment
– Willing and able to try new educational approaches and be technologically competent
– Competent to modify programme and pedogogy where necessary
– IB experience not required, but an added bonus
– As a small school, any additional teaching credentials are a plus (Computers, ESL etc)
– A dynamic and enthusiastic personality to deliver engaging lessons to students and facilitate learning
– Experience and willingness to be a part of our after-school activities
– The opportunity to be part of a growing and developing school
– A truly international student body with small focused classroom opportunities
– A friendly close-knit, dedicated and hard-working team
– A clean environment that has excellent opportunities for nature lovers
Spontaneous applications cannot be considered if not applicable to openings posted on this website or other recruiting agencies.
GIFS offers an excellent benefits package and also provides additional support for employees who relocate from overseas to work at GIFS.
Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted by email or telephone should we wish to discuss your application further. Please note that, when a visit to GIFS is not viable, finalist candidates for any faculty position will be asked to submit a teaching video. The video should be a recording of a recent lesson and approximately 15-20 minutes in length.
Gyeongnam International Foreign School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Diversity and equality of opportunity are cornerstone values of GIFS. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified persons.