Gyeongnam International Foreign School realizes one of the most important decisions in a student’s life is choosing the right college or university.
GIFS graduates go on to post-secondary studies, the majority of which attend high-ranking universities in the United States, Europe or in Asia.
Gyeongnam International Foreign School provides the guidance, tools and opportunity for students and families to prepare to successfully enter some of the most competitive universities in the world.
- MAP tests are administered bi-annually to grades K-11 and the results are used for student and teacher goal-setting.
- The PSAT is provided to grades 9-11 at no charge.
- GIFS is a SAT Testing Center open not only to GIFS students but to outside students as well.
- We are visited by a variety of colleges and universities each year who introduce students to exciting opportunities abroad.
- GIFS encourages frequent individual student and parent support sessions via a process that starts in Grade 10 with 1:1 meetings between the counsellor and students.
- In Grades 11 and 12 parents are given the opportunity to have personal consultation sessions to help facilitate the process.
- The university counsellor helps students and parents with specific concerns, meet specific entry requirements and the application/admissions process itself.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about GIFS University counselling please feel free to contact Mr. Peter Lynch at [email protected]