The GIFS “Parent Teacher Organization” or PTO, is a membership organization with the purpose of supporting students at GIFS and to be of service to the school and its faculty by bringing the community together in a positive way. PTO enhances the educational, cooperative spirit of the GIFS Tiger family. Monthly meetings are held (switching between Sacheon and Geoje) to plan and discuss the community building events and fundraising goals.
Throughout the year, the PTO hosts many activities, fundraisers and services, as well as transitions for new comers. It is our hope that every family can participate in some way so that we may better serve our children and their needs to provide the best experience academically as well as out of the classroom.
The mission of the Gyeongnam International Foreign School PTO is:
- to connect parents, teachers, and students
- to communicate what is happening in the school to the community
- to assist teachers and staff as needed in order to enhance the learning environment
- to create a welcoming environment that fosters student learning and families from all around the world
- to plan and organize programs and activities to help meet the needs of the GIFS community, including parents and staff
- to provide volunteer and financial support for school programs that result in the nurturing and educating of all school students
- to seek out and express the voice and spirit of our school community
- to encourage and increase involvement with all GIFS families and the public
- to show appreciation for teachers and staff for all their work for our students
- to provide a forum for families, administration and educators of our school to collaborate and create a vibrant learning community for all students
If you would like to know more about the PTO and what you can do to help us please e-mail us at [email protected]